Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I've always used Web Album Generator 2.0 for photo albums on my site. I've recently decided to get modern with lightbox. Web Album Generator makes creates a folder containing all of the images at a specified size, then uses code to display those images. I've got roughly 200 albums on my site.

I'm looking to use lightbox and simply implement it using a standard html link to the existing folder of images created with Web Album Generator.

I understand how Lightbox works, though I'm struggling with launching a series of images based off of a single link.

I'm not looking to display a table of images, I'd just like a pop out window that allows users to view the photos in a folder then close it and continue browsing.

I've been struggling with this for a few months now...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do ?

Are you trying to just display all the images in a folder ? not using any pages to pull the images into ?

Or perhaps a list of the images ( list of links that if the visitor clicks on, they will see an image )?

without knowing some more specifics, it's kinda hard to provide assistance.

I know you were very descriptive about what you are trying to do, but I have no knowledge of this web album generator program, but I'm assuming you point it at a folder of images and it creates all the pages, thumbnails, and linking structures without you having to do much more than link those pages in?

Are you wanting to continue using this program and just implement it a different way? or are you looking to get away from using it completely and do something "custom"...

I'd be interested in finding out more

Member #
    You are exactly correct. Web Album Generator makes a main folder with all of the images resized to a specified denomination then creates a table of thumbnails to choose from. Once a thumbnail is clicked it goes into a slideshow/full size image with film strip type screen.

Maybe it would help if you saw the site?

www.jamesfontaine.net (very out of date!)

Since I would like to keep using the site to post albums, I'd like to use WAG to generate the folders with images then use lightbox as a means of display.

In particular, when you click on of the album links on the existing site lightbox pops up and you can scroll through the images. In turn, the web album generator functionality is replaced by lighbox but the root folder is still present.

Thanks for the help!

Sidenote: I really wish I could have my username spelling corrected and cleaned up as HiddenTalent...

Remove Ads