Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have been studying tutorials on creating both JavaScript and CSS Drop Down Menus. And in doing so, I've been duplicating Drop Down Menus from various Websites as to gain experience different designs.
    I have came across one Drop Down Menu from a certain Website that stumps me. I can't tell if it is JavaScript, or CSS. I think it's JavaScript, but when using Firebug I can't find the Script. This is why I think it may be pure CSS , but not sure. I can't figure it out. I was hoping that someone could help me out with this issue. The Drop Down Menu is the Main Menu for ' Rude.Com '. And no, I am not promoting or a spammer. Nor am I a frequent guest or a member. I just came across the site.
    Now, when I used Firebug to try to find a JavaScript Script for the Drop Down Menu, I checked both the Head and Body section, can't find anything. I just don't get it.
    I also noticed that the <ul id="nav"></ul> , which makes me think there may be a little PHP involve as well.
    Can someone help me out?

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    There are quite a few pure CSS drop down menus, but the drawback is that IE handles it differently than other browsers.

I'm on an iPhone so I can't see the source of the mentioned site, but if you go to that site in IE and it has conditional statements and uses tables for the menu, more than likely it is pure CSS.

Does the page have any external js scripts referenced? Perhaps the js for the menu is in an external file? Just a thought. Possibly some php is running in the background, but you will normally see the output in the source, but kinda doubt it is php.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 219163
    There are quite a few pure CSS drop down menus, but the drawback is that IE handles it differently than other browsers.

I'm on an iPhone so I can't see the source of the mentioned site, but if you go to that site in IE and it has conditional statements and uses tables for the menu, more than likely it is pure CSS.

Does the page have any external js scripts referenced? Perhaps the js for the menu is in an external file? Just a thought. Possibly some php is running in the background, but you will normally see the output in the source, but kinda doubt it is php.
    I did look to see if there where any external JavaScript files, there were none to be seen. So it may very well be pure CSS. But wouldn't have to have some JavaScript in order for the a:active color to show for the page your on? I mean when you go to the index.php/Home page, the link a:active has color.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nope... Cssplay.co.uk. He has quite a few CSS only drop down menus. He started stunichols.com as a site with some of his stuff where he added in js ...

Remove Ads