Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    What is the deal with javascript and jquery? Can anyone tell me the difference and what they are mainly used for? Im half way through learning javascript and just would like more information on jquery before i start to learn it. Is it a good idea to learn jquery?
    "ON TIME, ON TARGET, NEVER QUIT"

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have a new question i was reading about json,ajax,xml and jquery and i just got this in my mind, im not sure if it is even possible but what the heck why not ask...

Is it possible to create a login page of a website, and be able to edit a website like a (cms) but by setting up a html form witch could somehow use ajax and xml to update a website? or do you have to use php? Im sorry if this sounds like a mess...

so what i mean is, like a person could sign in www.yourdomain.com/login. be able to login to another page witch you could select what page you want to edit. then it could pull up a page with a few html forms like a form for the main body, etc and be able to create a text file then could use ajax to update the website.

Or is what im thinking you could already do with php? the reason i ask is cause this kinda seems so much simpler the php since i have not got around to learning php and it looks a bit hard. lol

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    jquery was developed for designers in mind with simplified ways to code. I know a little javascript and i am still trying to learn more of jquery. Javascript is very powerful and needs to be used with caution. JSON is a great alternative to XML BUT JSON can easily be hacked worse than PHP

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    i see. well i just read jquery and it looks simple enough and pretty easy to learn. So if i wanted to create a build in cms into the website how would i do this? i dont want to do all the extreme stuff, just edit the body, stuff like that. with simple html form the client could use. or am i out of my mind on this. lol

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    depends on if its a plugin or not, usually you will call the code, read up on it a jquery.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ok i will. when i was reading on w3school.com it seemed easy enough to use a html form to create a txt file on the dp. witch then ajax could use to update the page content.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    cant just trust w3schools, lol.... they just cover the shell and general idea, so much more than you think.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    i see lol. well im going to try and figure it out. cause it will be cool to build a built in cms.

Whats the best way to create a txt file from a html form?

i think this is in possible but im just trying to stay away from php but i dont think i can?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Im reading a php tutorial and it looks like im going to have to use php to write a txt file witch then i could use jquery and ajax to update the content.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I dont want to start a new thread so im going to ask a few more questions if that is already. I spent about 4 hours trying to figure this out

im trying to update the content of a website via ajax txt file.

all the tuts i find is you click a button that activate the ajax and then updates the contents with the txt file. is there away to run he ajax on page load? were you dont have to click on anything. when you load the page it does the ajax function and imports the data from the txt file.?

Remove Ads