Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I need some help on a mouse over code, I have checked my codes several times and can't find the mistakes on 2 mouse over codes. I donate my time maintaining a web site for a non profit retired police officers web site where they are raising money to buy protective vest for police k9 in local departments. I have a conflict on 2 pages and can't find the mistakes, if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated, the web site address for the first one is www.retiredle.us/members1.html on that page the mouse over isn't working on the "Free Programs" button. The second conflict is in on www.retiredle.us/k9.html on the "Next" button to go to the next page there is a _ in front of the button which I can't find to remove. You can go to the web pages and view the source codes.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    One suggestion I have is to remove the spaces in the image file names. That's just asking for problems.

Another would be to use CSS hovers instead of JS to switch the images.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sansbury, post: 223012
    Ronald Roe,
    I have no idea what you are talking about, I am using a java script code for the mouse over, I don't know what "fancybox" or "lightbox" is, so that was not a very helpful reply, but thank you anyway.
    You must have been reading my signature block.
    Just read this part:
    One suggestion I have is to remove the spaces in the image file names. That's just asking for problems.

Another would be to use CSS hovers instead of JS to switch the images.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sansbury, post: 222906
    Hi,
    I found the problem in the mouse over not working on my first conflict. The second conflict is in on www.retiredle.us/k9.html on the "Next" button to go to the next page, at the bottom of the page, there is a _ in front of the "Next" button which I can't find to remove. You can go to the web pages and view the source codes.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    There is an extra link closing tag for that one on the second page... </a> the browser is assuming that one of the many spaces between the 2 buttons is a link and displaying it.

You should be able to remove to extra closing tag and make the link underline go away.

I agree with Ronald on the spaces in the image names... Your just asking for server/browser interpretation issues leavin empty spaces... But as long as the browser and server are handling them it's not a critical issue... Just keep that in mind if some of your images quit displaying, if the server manager turns off that mod for security reasons, all of your images with spaces will quit displaying.

Remove Ads