Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, please may I ask for help with the following problem, any help will be appreciated.

I am using a Jquery Library for Javascript slideshow.

When I type anything into any form on the site it won't allow any spaces between words. ie. MynameisRyan

By process of elimination I found that when I delete the Jquery library or the Slideshow Java Script file it works fine but when both of them are in use the problem occurs.

The contact form uses PHP for the sending bit.

So at first I thought it may be the $ conflict so tried using $.noConflict. function.

I then tried using just a simple html form field on its on no PHP and then same thing happens.

So I think it must be something inside the Jquery library or the Slideshow plugin thats causing it.

The site I am referring to is http://arganicshair.co.za/ContactUs.html and i have attached the Jquery Library, The Slideshow Plugin and the contact form page for your reference.

Thank you in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Alright well i looked over the site and I can't seem to replicate your problem, though I will take a deeper look into the file that you have put up, as it may be able to replicate it, but i was able to put spaces etc into the forms.

Alright, 1st off you gave us a few of the files needed to make it work, nothing tangible to try and make it work. I'm not sure where you are using the slideshow plugin for that matter. It looks like you are just using pre-made plugins. I don't have much experience with these. But I also cannot replicate your problem. Check with a different browser, I am using Chome on OSX.

Member #
    Hi Mafiya
    Thank you for you reply. I have fixed this problem buy using a simple Javascript slideshow which does not use Jquery. That is why it is working now.

Thank you for assistance.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    No problem bro, glad i could help you, if you need any jQuery help ill do it for you.

Member #
    Great thanks.

How's your PHP, I may need some help soon with a site I am doing.

Remove Ads