Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have been learning jQuery recently and getting there...slowly.

I am making a website with magento and I all the products on it will have an option to choose the colour. What I want to do is use a <select> drop down with colour options.

All the product images will be flat, one colour images contained in a <div>. My idea is to save the images as a transparent png. The transparent part of the image would be the area that appears to be coloured but is in fact the background colour of the <div> showing through. The opaque area would the colour acting as the background colour. I hope that makes sense...

What I want to do with jQuery is to change the background colour of the <div> when an option is selected from the <select> drop down. Is this possible at all?

Maybe there is a plugin for this or another way to achieve this effect. I doubt it, but is there a way jQuery can do something similar to photoshop's colour overlay? Been searching for a while and have come up with nothing.

Let me know if you need me to explain a bit more/better.

Thanks a lot.
    -Frank

Remove Ads