Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey, people!

So I'm *slowly* (because of school) starting to learn some javascript, well jquery...

I use jsfiddle to experiment with it and I came up with a thing I might use for my own site sometime. It's a div with some borders, which expands its size onclick and appends some text in there...and then back to normal... So it's veeery simple and stuff and I'm sure such thing was developed a thousand times before me
    Well, for me it's just the level I need for now.

So the colorful borders of that thing have some issues rendering while it is animating - My guess is that the div itself and those borders do not animate in the same amount of time or something, so that the borders don't catch up with the div(?)... Maybe my approach to reach what I want is simply completely wrong, so I'd like to ask you guys to check out that little project of mine when you get the time, and tell me whether there is something to fix or just delete everything and start again So, here's the link.

I hope I made my aim clear and it is understandable what i'm trying to reach.

Thank you in advance for your answers!!!

PS. Please excuse me for possible language mistakes - I'm no native speaker

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It was the commas in your jQuery selectors. Commas in CSS (and subsequently jQuery selectors) mean "and", so it was trying to expand 4 elements instead of just 2.
    http://jsfiddle.net/AAMEa/4/
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Wow, thanks for fixing this one!

But I actually came up with another concept after some research. Well, it's actually just a little cleaner because it uses variables
    this: http://jsfiddle.net/Sladkoff/txbE9/

Remove Ads