Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello - I'm new so hopefully I am posting this in the right thread. I have items for sale on my homepage and added Pinterest buttons to each one (test page: http://volleychick.com/IndexNu.html). There's a main javascript and then coding for each individual product to have a button - at least that's how I did it. The test page loads fine but when I work in my editor and go from code to preview I get the hourglass hanging for around 30 seconds before I can do anything. Any advice to speed this up would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,

Di

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Probably depends on which browser and editor you're using.

I've seen IE not like being forced open in preview before... And yes it's the JavaScript... Since JavaScript is client side... And your test page is being rendered as HTML and not being sent from a server... The browser engine has to process ( or tries to process ) the JavaScript in one big block... When it is being served from say a web server... The browser engine is already running... When it sees JavaScript being served to it, it streams it into memory as the server is sending it... And processes it as it comes through.

Hope that makes sense...

If you setup your pages to be previewed on a "local web server", keep the page open on the local server, make your changes, refresh the page... That should speed things up.

Member #
    I'm using Aptana (which is probably way too much for my needs) and I do occasionally have issues with IE, such as not updating the preview. I'll give the local thing a try - thanks so much.

Remove Ads