Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi I am really stuck I have searched and searched to find a Java Code which is browser specific pop up, so I can let people know to upgrade a browser to see the website better. Can anyone help me.
    Thanks
    Adam

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    JavaScriptkit.com has hundreds of then...

But here's a thought, and let me first say, don't get offended...

Learn to code so it works in all browsers instead of telling someone to change their browser... In a sense what you're telling then ( just my opinion ), "I'm too lazy to make it work on all browsers, so use this one or some things may not look right "....

Again, not trying to offend you but this was a tactic of developers in the late nineties when the browser wars were raging... Didn't work then, but the general consensus in the developer world was... How many people leave the site to never return... When we tell them they gotta to download something to view the site...

The better and ultimate solution was to learn the browser differences and how to work around them, with conditional statements, it is easier than ever...

Design your site to work in Firefox, chrome, safari... Get it where you want it...

Then setup some CSS that works for IE.. And use conditional statements to load them.

Just my opinion though ....

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Btw... I am one of those that will hit the back button if something tells me I need to do something to have a better "experience" on that site...

If the content is compelling I'll stay around no matter how the site looks... But if you tell me I gotta load something to use the site... Im outta there.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks

I do know who to code and the website does work in all browsers it just has a better computability with the newer browsers but my website is check on IE6 through till IE9, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera

Remove Ads