Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Hey guys,

I got another annoying question... Anyone here know if you can pass variable data stored in a page on one specific domain, to a page on another domain? I would imagine that as long as the data stored is done so outside of any functions, that there would be no problem with calling and displaying the data across frames.

I dunno.

Anyone?

Greg J

=====
    Email me for info about a lucrative Beta Test Challenge
    design@new-point-0.com
    =====

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    A common way for passing values from one domain to another is using XML-RPC (XML over Remote Procedure Calls) or SOAP transport. I think PHP supports XML-RPC and SOAP innately. They're both really cool and fun to work with, but neither can be tought in one thread. I suggest you read up on them

Member #
    I wrote a site for a band I was in with frames, and for one particular section, it required reading javascript vars in another frame. To cut it short, it used to work, then when browsers were upgraded, it didn't, because of security concerns.
    You can still do it, but both pages have to have a certificate.
    James H
    Home Page · Mars Page · www.fihsf1.net (formerly www·fihs·net)

Banned
    Member #
    Hey James,

Thanks so much for the idea! I think that might actually work! Now, my question is... how do I obtain/create a certificate? This certificate, once set allows two pages on different servers to interact with each other through a frames src, right? Sorry, I've really never had to do this before and whatever help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Greg J
    Newpoint0vue

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The certificate is only for SSL communications (https). You don't need it to communicate through normal http

Remove Ads