Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ive been looking around in portfolio websites,, and ive found the www.nue-media.com website.
    Now I'm wondering,, how did they make the block where it says Latest Projects, and thus where they change the content of it using the buttons "Latest Projects" and "Our Favourites".

Any1 knows what kind of javascript is needed for this??

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not a very good one... Whatever it is, the menu is all that displays on an iPhone... Nothing else is visible...

Member #
    Well then what im trying to accomplish, i have a div "header" containing 3 buttons (links)
    underneith there will be a div containing a jquery image slider, now what i want is that when you click one of the 3 links, the images inside (or the whole image slider/div) will be replaced with the one according to the linking button.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Many of the jquery sliders that are out there have that already builtinto them...

And yes it's jquery ... I've only implemented the nivo slider for one client, but it was pretty simple to customize...

Member #
    could you give me some kind of example about how i should do it?? because im totally new in jquery and that stuff =/
    Like...i think i can figure with a tutorial how to put one on my website, but not how to make it work with my menu buttons.

Like does it require extra javascript or something...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nivo slider is probably one of the most heavily documented ones out there... Lots of examples ...

Not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish... But there is probably an example that fits close to your needs... In their support section.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Just looked..( from a pc ). This site is a Wordpress site... With What appears to be several custom child themes going on... And a custom jquery slider on the front..

But then again, that's what they do....

Member #
    Ill look at nivo slider and see if i can get around with that, wordpress isnt going to help me much since my website is built in dreamweaver, if i cant figure it out ill post a ss of what im trying to accomplish and see if thatll help

Thanks alot for the help so far

Member #
    Ok 2 things, ive been checking the nivo slider stuff out alittle, at least looking up some information on how to change the slider using links, and ive found this piece of code:
    Code:
     $('#slider').data('nivoslider').slideTo(1);
    Ehmm how do i implement this, do i put this in the javascript part and give some kind of class to my link buttons or...

Also, for asfar as i can understand from that it will make a link button switch to a certain slide in the slider, but (and if its not possible this will be fine too) what i wanted is that when clicking a button, it wont switch to a slide, but open a whole new set of slides.
    Like this:
    Link A. Link B. Link C.
    |---------------------------------------------------------------|
    | This is the slider. |
    |---------------------------------------------------------------|

In real the slider will be bigger but you get the setup.

Now...like by default the link a button will be selected (which is is real a category, and so are link b and link c) by having link a selected, the slider will contain 3 slides, that belong with category/link a. Now when you select link b, the sliders content will change from 3 slides that belong to link a, into 3 slides that belong to link b. Same goes for link c. So basically when clicking on a link i want the image sliding purpose of the slider to be maintained, just with different content. I.e. The first link will be car drawings, so i want 3 sliding images showing 3 latest car drawing projects. Link b will be 3D modeling, so when clicking that link i want the slides in the slider to be replaced with 3 slides containing info about the last 3, 3D modeling projects.

I hope I made myself clear, and that some1 is able to answer either of these questions

Remove Ads