Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a script that I am trying to add to my header. Every place I put it It does not show up. I have tried to put in the the head and in the body but neither have worked. I want to just give my customers information. It is copied from another website with permission. Please help. I want this to get up before black Friday?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Can you post a copy of the script ?

Member #
    This script is from paypal for a credit through paypal box to appear on my site.

<script type="type/javascript">
    document.write('<scr');
    document.write('ipttype="textjavascript" data-ppmnid="77578899660412" src="//ad.where.com/jin/spotlight/sd? pubid=1a3782999c&format=js&v=2.4&placmenttypes=234 x60&ppmnid=77578899660412&rand='+Math.round(Math.r andom(7*100000000000000) +"'>';
    document.write('</scr' + 'ipt>');
    </script>

I have another one I am using but it is basically the same. It is just a different size box.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Are you using CSS for styling on the site ?

If you place just that code on a page by itself, with no CSS styling ... Does it show up ?

Member #
    I have alot of CSS on this page. I don't know how to put it on the page and not have the CSS effect it. If you want to see the page I am putting it on got to UncleStogys.com. I want to put it on the homepage in the header next to the name. That is a background image. I am new to this. I want it to go on the left next to the name.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The reason I asked if you put it on a page by itself to see if it displayed was to make sure it actually did, before you can even attempt to address the issue,'you have to make sure what you're working with actually does function properly.

Sorry, so are you the same "new person" that was here 6 months ago asking for advice on this site ? Or are you a new "new person"?

Reason I asked is that with all the CSS and everything associated with that design... There's no way in ....'I can explain how to so this to someone who knows nothing about CSS. ( I believe I said that in my last post to that person as well ).

You'll have to create a new "class" inside the header div and position it below the search form bar... Looking at the CSS code... Currently in use, not an easy way to explain... Doable for someone who knows CSS ... Not so much for someone who doesn't.

Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for, but seriously, at this point, its the only answer I can give.

Member #
    Thanks for your help. I have a little knowledge f how this works so I can probably pull it off. I am the same person as before but I have gotten a lot of help from you int he past. Your advice works. It might take me a couple of tries to get it right but I usually do. Thank you for your help. I is very appreciated.

I do understand what you are telling me to do. I should have no problem making it work.

Remove Ads