Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello!

I'm helping a friend with his new bigcommerce site and I need to make certain fields in an order form required depending on which field was selected in the first input field. After looking through the build of the site and talking with the people at bigcommerce, we have come to the conclusion that the best approach would be using javascript. The only problem is I have very little experience in writing js.

Let me give you some info:

Here is the link for the page where the work needs to be done:

http://www.thechipe.com/01-white/

If you scroll down to the form you can see the options. What needs to be done is if print options "single sided" is selected then either "front logo" or "front text" needs an input. If "double sided" is selected then "front logo" or "front text" AND "back logo" or "back text" needs inputs.

I have the respective values and attributes necessary to make the script. The values for "print options" remain the same on all product pages. The attributes for "front logo", "back logo", "front text" and "back text" differ on each individual product page.

I'm looking for any help with writing this script or the best way to go about it. Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's going to be tricky no matter how you cut it, dude. Not tricky "hard", but tricky "can be done with some thought."

I'd suggest making your life easier and using the jQuery framework for this (www.jquery.com). It has plugins specifically for validation (required fields, etc.), and it's already built into your cart. Someone's already implemented some Javascript of some sort on the thing...there's a "selectedValue" class that gets added to the list item containing the selected option.

So the best way to go about it is to see what's already in your cart and use it.

Interesting product, by the way...guess I should drink more out of glass bottles to take advantage of it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads