Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So, I hope this goes here. I'm not familiar with any javascript or jquery but am looking for help. A search function I want on my site is for the user to choose one or two different presented options (example- my site has on one side A, B, and C, and on the other RED, GREEN, and BLUE- so the user either choose just C, or chooses C and RED). Then, when they hit "next" it loads a new page and filters from a large list and only shows what the user wanted (either C or C&RED).

What kind of code would I be looking at? Would anyone be willing to help me work through this?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You could do that with jquery and have all your options stored in an array and then build drop-down lists based on the selections. I would think (but would need more details) that it might be easier/better to use a server-side script to load the options and pass them back to build the next page dynamically.

I know that doesn't sound like it makes sense. Basically, the user selects something and those selections are "posted" to a php page that takes the selection, narrows down the results and creates the page with the proper selections.

So, to answer your question, you would be looking at either jquery or a server-side solution like php or asp.
    Freelance Web Developer

Member #
    Yeah the second paragraph illustrates it better. Could it be completely php? Like I said, I'm not familiar with any web programming but if I get a script and mess around with it I can try and learn how to navigate it. Do you know of anything similar to what I am looking for that I could play around with?

Remove Ads