Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Howdy,

Transio did a GREAT script for Amanda on her arrowpath site ( http://www.arrowpathvc.com) with the randomimage.js code, but I need the same type of script (random images on reload with a pop up window for each randomly loaded image) with one more function added to that script:

which is I need to also be able to call two different functions, that is, to be able to call ONE of two different sized pop up windows when an image is clicked on.

Currently I have two styles of images that will load in a pop-up window: a vertical style and a horizontal style. The images that load in the main window are the same size, but after they are clicked on, the images that show up in the pop-up window require at least two different sized pop-up windows so that I can adjust how they hug the image area. My pop up windows also have descriptive text in them, so I can't just dynamically resize the window to fit the image.

Is this a possibility or am I overloading JS functionality/capability?

Snippet from Tranisos code:

function openWindow(url, w, h) {
    win = window.open(url, null, 'top=100, left=100, width=' + w + ', height=' + h + ', scrollbars=yes, status=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, titlebar=no, toolbar=no, location=no');
    win.focus();
    }

So what I would want is the capability (somehow) of adding another window function the way you do in normal multiple functions to open multiple windows, such as:

function openWindow(url, w, h) {
    win = window.open(url, null, 'top=100, left=100, width=' + w + ', height=' + h + ', scrollbars=yes, status=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, titlebar=no, toolbar=no, location=no'); win.focus();
    }

function openWindow2(url, w, h) {
    win = window.open(url, null, 'top=100, left=100, width=' + w + ', height=' + h + ', scrollbars=yes, status=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, titlebar=no, toolbar=no, location=no');
    win.focus();
    }

Many SUPER thanks in advance if anyone has an answer to my conundrum.

BTp

Remove Ads