Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Aur
    Member #
    Hello everyone ,

I am fairly new to web programming and I need a little help. I am currently building a html/css website from scratch and I need a simple photo gallery for my website. This is how I want it to look like:

- a div with like 20-30 thumbs (I've already made that)
    - when you click on the thumb it opens the image in original dimensions and the rest of the website turns darker
    - there should be left and right buttons to scroll through images and if you click anywhere outside it closes the image
    - it should be really fast, with no fancy effects, quick and simple

I am asking for help cause I saw tons of free galleries on the web and I don't know which one to use. I need this to be ultra simple cause I will have like 10k+ images on my website.

Please help. ^^

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Use the one that works for what you're trying to do. It sounds trite, but that really is the best answer. There is no universal gallery solution. It depends on the site, how you've built it, what server-side programming languages you've used (if any) and other factors.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Checkout this extension Simple Photo Gallery - Download Free - JomSocial This photo gallery offers lot of features like slideshow effect, upload multiple photos, Social Sharing icons, picasa design and Feature images set up with free-of-cost.

Remove Ads