Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

JS Cufon fonts edit

Hello , i never had any experience with JS fonts, and not i will need some help of you guys.
    Well i found one good JS font for my website , but this font is missing few letters that i need like " đ č ć "
    I dont know how this JS fonts works and is it possible to edit and add few new letters inside ?

So I want those letters to add " đ č ć / Đ Č Ć " in those fonts > Expletus_Sans_400.font and Molengo_400.font

That are cufon fonts , Type of file "JS" .

So is it possible to add new letters inside, and can some1 do it for me please ?
    Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, dude, you've asked a few questions where you want someone to do it for you. That's not how a forum works. You can get general advice and maybe a bit of code if you've taken something most of the way and you're stuck, but expecting someone to do something for you for free without the promise of anything in return is too much to ask. It also doesn't help you learn anything in the end, as you're getting everyone to do everything for you. So that's the general bit of advice.

The specific bit of advice is that you'd need the original font, and you'd have to take it over to cufn - fonts for the people to get your font generated. Since those are non-standard characters, you'd have to figure out which glyphs you'd need to generate from the font. I would guess, and this is a pure guess on my part, that you'd need the Latin and Cyrillic glyphs. All would work for sure, but it would generate a massive .js file and isn't smart. So you'll have to figure this one out using the tool and the font, and this isn't something anyone's going to be able to help you with anyway because the vast majority of people won't have those two fonts.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Mate , you really helped me many times and really thank you very much for spending your time to help me and to learn me how to solve some of problems.
    But do you know why I am asking for help , some1 just to code it for me ? Well first of all when i opened this JS file of font , i saw many many numbers and i dont understand anything from this , this part is not in my experience, and i started with learning web design on uCoz services , and there forums works different , if you ask some1 there for help , he will give you finished code of that what you need + he will explain you how did he do it and whats inportant.
    But here forums work different , i see you`r trying to explane me and learn me how to code myself and i am thankful for that.

btw , i downloaded software FontLab Studio and i tryed to add the letters to the Expletus Sans font , i found ttf format and i can open it with this software , and there are already the letters that i need , but in software it looks fine , but when i use it on site it comes out different , i dont understand whats wrong.

Look at this image :
    http://i.imgur.com/0rhspZW.jpg

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's cool that you understand that I'm not just being lazy, but trying to help you help yourself.

Again, in this case you don't have the right glyphs. You're not going to find someone to code this for you for the simple reason that the JS font file is generated by that site I showed you. You have to upload the file to that site, select the right glyphs, and have the .JS file generated. That's how Cufon works and what allows you to generate the various fonts. You don't code anything at all in this case.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Okay i used the site u gave me to generate ttf into js , and i did it but the letters " č ć ž đ š " again didnt loaded.
    I dont know whats wrong now.

What did i do here cufn - fonts for the people >

1) I uploaded : Regular , Bold , Italic , Bold italic . fonts , so 4 of them.
    2) I chacked Uppercase , Lowercase , Numerals , Basic Latin and Latin extended-A

So Basic latin becouse of basic letters and Latin extended-A becouse of the letters that i need " č ć ž đ š "

So i chacked "The EULAs of these fonts allow Web Embedding (without Adobe Flash)" too

I used option "
    No thanks, use the font's own value " at "Scale the font to the following size"

And again the letter " č ć ž đ š " wont display at my site , i dont know why ? Do you have any idea mate ?

Btw can u explane me this to what i wrote in previous post >

btw , i downloaded software FontLab Studio and i tryed to add the letters to the Expletus Sans font , i found ttf format and i can open it with this software , and there are already the letters that i need , but in software it looks fine , but when i use it on site it comes out different , i dont understand whats wrong.

Look at this image :
    http://i.imgur.com/0rhspZW.jpg

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    As far as that first question goes, I don't have the slightest idea, unfortunately. It could be a corrupt font file. It could be that it displays differently inside of a web page. It could be...well, I don't know what it could be because I've never used that font before.

As far as the Cufon thing goes, try using All Glyphs. It's not recommended, but if the character is there and it can be embedded the way you want it to, it'll work. If it works, then you just have to figure out which glyph set(s) contain(s) your characters. If it doesn't, you'll need to find a different font.

Member #
    I don't know it...

Remove Ads