Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Blog Theme Problems - jQuery related unsure !

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    WordPress is meant to be easy for non-coders to use, and it generally is. It is also fairly easy for those of us who do write code to understand it. But problems quite often arise when someone who knows some coding but is not really proficient tries to make changes.

In Wordpress, PHP is the server-side language that queries the database and returns the HTML to build the page. If you look at the directory structure of WordPress, you will see that apart from the javascript and CSS, every file is a PHP file. What little hard-coded HTML exists in WordPress is written into the PHP pages, but most of it resides in the database and is called by the PHP.

The order in which the files are listed in the <head> of your site is very important and is determined by the order in which they are written into the PHP. I think perhaps that the person who coded this theme was not as aware of that as he should have been.

Unfortunately, because the browser only renders the HTML which is the result of the PHP, and not the PHP code itself, it is very difficult to ascertain where in the PHP the error lies.

Would you like me to try to help? If so, you could create a temporary administrator user for me and I could login and see what is really going on with the code. If you would like to do this, send me a private message and we'll get it set up.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads