Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

CAPTCHA type-a-thing!

Hello!

I just had a quick question. I want to add a captcha to my website to help reduce the amount of spam we are getting through the inquiry form. Unfortunately I do not like the standard captcha that is offered. The words are too hard to read, and I am afraid I will lose inquiries because of it.

What I am looking to do is make a specific word required in a text field. For example, there will be a question that I come up with, say a math problem, 2 + 2 = ?, and the user has to put in 4 for the form to submit. If they put anything other then the correct answer in my form, it wont send. How do I do this? Are there any easy ways you guys can help me out with?

Thanks for you help,

Brian

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Could I suggest a different CAPTCHA? The "honeypot" works better and doesn't require the human user to do anything. If you want, I've written about it on my site, which you'll find the link to in my signature. The post is for Wordpress, but the concept works for any form.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads