Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

jquery with nivo slider

hi all,

firstly before i forget... James Kirman Magician Grimsby

thats the location of the website whilst its under test...

its been a while since ive built any websites however... its flowing back to me...

the one thing that is annoying me at the minute is the fact that on dreamweaver preview the page works really well...

but when its online it doesnt... the picture on the main content of the old couple and the gentleman holding a playing card should be fading out (there are 3 pictures) but for some odd reason its only working offline..

can anyone help..

cheers.
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    It is working online too, but needs 40 or more seconds to activate. I suggest you to remove all properties to test the loading speed. I mean to call slide with just:
    $(window).load(function() {
    $('#slider').nivoSlider();
    });
    Then you can add one by one properties to see which one is making problems. There is a GET request sent for every image transition and I don't have time to check problem deeply.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Based on what sasha is saying (I can't access it from where I am), I'm going to go for the likely problem, which would be image size. When you use $(window).load(), it waits for all of the assets to download before it fires. Try optimizing your images for size. If you still have a problem after that, you may have another asset that is taking a long time to load. Try to fix that if it's the case. As a last-ditch effort, change $(window).load to $(document).ready and see if that doesn't fix it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Ronald Roe is absolutely right with image size. It stack in moment when loading images.
    Another thing Ronald Roe suggest is unfortunately impossible, as plugin works only after $(window).load - it is required.

Remove Ads