Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is the reason of Flowcharts in Javascript?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

What is the reason of Flowcharts in Javascript?

What is the reason of Flowcharts in Javascript? and when do you use them?? Do public offices use them often when doing Javascript?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What? Flowcharts have nothing to do with Javascript.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Let's turn it upside down
    Web developers are using Javascript to doing flowcharts for offices ))

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well my JavaScript & jQuery course at school gave me an assignment to do on Flowcharts using JavaScript this is why I'm asking other designers & programmers because it seems odd for an assignment in JavaScript.........I had to make it and save it as a PDF using this website https://www.lucidchart.com/ and send it to my teacher.
    Last edited by James92; Oct 03rd, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Flowcharts are used in the planning stages of programming.. Ive seen them being used in building apps but not so much using javascript.

Since you have already created it ill assume you know what they are and how they are used so i wont worry about explaining them..

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    James92 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Most JavaScript scripts are simple enough that you'd never need a flowchart, unless you have a really hard time mapping such things out in your brain. Now if you're building a huge, complex app with lots of front end processing going on, it might come into play.
    James92 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by James92 View Post
    Well my JavaScript & jQuery course at school gave me an assignment to do on Flowcharts using JavaScript this is why I'm asking other designers & programmers because it seems odd for an assignment in JavaScript.........I had to make it and save it as a PDF using this website https://www.lucidchart.com/ and send it to my teacher.
    I say this far more often than I'd like, but this is one of the many flaws in the modern indoctrination system known as education. This is pointless busywork that you will almost never use in the real world, and someone needs to smack your teacher upside the head...really, really hard. This is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard, and that's why you find it odd.

As Ron pointed out, most Javascript is relatively uncomplicated. If you need to map it using a flowchart because it's that complex, chances are Javascript is maybe 10-15% of a much larger project with far more complex server-side requirements that would need to be mapped.

Let me put it to you this way...I've been developing websites and using Javascript/jQuery for 15 years and not once have I ever used a flowchart for anything JS-related.
    James92 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks a lot for all the feedback everyone I thought I would have to do this http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/No...020305_emp.png everyday in Web Design & Programming job thank god I don't have to.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You might...but not for Javascript. For complex programming, it's not a horrible idea. However, you're talking major projects with several customizations (e.g. a search engine or some other bot project).
    James92 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Like these are the websites I basically wanna do Firegrill Restaurant Bar - Montreal steakhouse restaurants. and noting more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads