Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Automatic AJAX/JAVA Save on client side

Hi. First of all i'd like to say I just nicely finished registering. I feel that this forum can help me further develop my knowledge and help me with tricky situations that i'm in. I'm looking forward to helping everyone the best i can. I will definitely give back the help to other users that people give me.

I absolutely hate that the first thing i'm doing is asking a question but i'm at a stand still. I'm designing and coding a website which supports accounts. I'm going to give the option for users to jot/note down ideas or sentences within' their account that will be kept privately just for them.

I have plans to do an automatic save (probably AJAX/JAVASCRIPT or similar) once the user has finished typing.

I have a basic plan as to how i want to do this but i would like options. I would like to use my concept here that will use the least amount of server resources (the last thing i want is to overload my server by tons of requests).

I would like to have the auto save; save it to some type of client sided object that would keep it with that client until final submission ( Data will not be usernames or passwords, so i don't think encryption is needed. )

What method would you use to achieve this? or do i have the right concept here to prevent server load? Or should i be doing something different?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Best use would be session storage for that.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...sessionStorage
    Last edited by Brian Angel; Mar 28th, 2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Cause Im the king of typeos today

Remove Ads