Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: HELP

Member #
    Ok, this is the lst thing i'm going to ask for help with [for now atleast]. I'm writing a layout design tutorial so i can contribute something later.

Ok, my question is: How do do i make a link open up a new window that cant be re-sized, cant be saved, and with no address bar, no links, no buttons [only the title bar], with an embedded media file in it that is set to auto loop. I want it so the file itself cant be downloaded or saved to their PC. Does that make sense?

I've seen something like it, cent remember where, but it has script involving a "javascript;void()" or something like that. I dont know, i'm a n00b to Javascript.

So can anyone help me?
    ---------------------------------
    Also, anyone know of any good Javascript books?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    The pop up stuff with no bars is easy, although I've never done it myself. What type of media file is it? I believe there's a java trick where you can hide where the file is being loaded from, that's the real key, because it's really hard to prevent saving, especially since all web browsers cache pages anyway. Certain types of media though can be forced not to cache, so that the broswer only caches a false file I think. I don't know how to do any of this off the top of my head, but I know it's possible.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    most of the time it will be a media player file, or an MP3

Member #
    All you gotta do is use the window.Open() class and set the resize, scolling, etc to false.
    www.amazon.com has 1000's of javaScript books.

Member #
    is that all the help i can get?

----
    thats fine, i got a book and i learned how to do what i want, i just cant get it to work. I'll try posting the code if i cant figure it out soon.

Member #
    Check out this example from www.w3schools.com . Change the "yes" options to "no" to customize it to your liking.

Remove Ads