Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Post How do I make these 3 sections have a parallax scroll effect?

I am doing a uni project and I am rather new to all this so be gentle.

I have 3 sections - a CV section, a what I like section, and an image section. Although there are a header and footer too, which does not need to be included in the parallax.

I have tried both JS and CSS implementations/tutorials to try to use the parallax effect with my own markup to no avail. Can anyone help me? - The sections are #tableGroup (my cv table), #sectionThreeScroll (the table of likes), and an img with the id #samWifeImg (an image).

I have followed "ihatetomatos" tutorials for skrollr, but I am stuck with background images - 2 of my sections are not images. And I have tried to use only CSS to make a parallax effect, but to success.

Below are links the same question that includes my markup.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1993076?sr=inbox

javascript - How do I make these 3 sections have a parallax scroll? - Stack Overflow

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

How do I make these 3 sections have a parallax scroll effect?

I created a few parallaxing pages, most notably this one
    Http://brandwebdesign.ca/process.
    I used skrollr for that one. Every time I have implemented a parallax effect to one of my designs, I have had a bg for each section. A bg moving at a different scroll speed from the content is what makes a the parallax effect. Without understanding what you are trying to do exactly, it's hard for me to point you in the right direction. My last client kept saying she wanted her homepage to parallax, turns out she actually didn't. What she thought was parallax was just a changing fixed bg.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Thank you for your reply. It means a lot. Did you check out my markup on the two links I sent?

There are three main sections...There is the CV table section, then a table likes section, and then a picture.

So the CV section I have as a fixed position and is the first in view. I want the likes section to scroll over the cv section as the cv section scrolls up at a slower rate, then the image to flow over likes section.

Does that make more sense. I've also attached some images to give you more of a visual idea.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 22.18.01.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-30 at 22.18.08.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-30 at 22.18.14.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm not really understanding. My best advice is find an example of what you want your page to look like, analyze the code and replicate it.

Remove Ads