Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Gallery Floating Controls and Layout

Hi guys, I'm in the process of transferring my photo portfolio from Squarespace to my own Joomla site. I've set up the test pages and and customized the template, etc. to get everything the way I want it. However, I'm having trouble with the last few tweaks needed for the gallery modules.

I'm using this template: Full Screen 6

It came with a full screen gallery extension, which is a stripped down version of this: Supersized

This is how I've set it up to look on the new site: Test Gallery

1) I would like the images to be centered within the black space rather than being up against the menu column (and inconsistently at that). I can improve the positioning by changing the #supersized width to 120% but, while it looks perfect on my laptop, it's not evenly positioned on larger screens. Also, if you shrink the browser window a certain amount, part of the image goes UNDER the menu column, which I certainly don't want. But I haven't been able to find the appropriate section of code to adjust the gallery to be strictly within that black "container" (content box) on the right.

2) This stripped down version is set to autoplay only. I'm fine with it being on autoplay for now but would like to know where / how to change the code to switch off autoplay and stick to manual only, if I need to.

3) This version also has no visible controls. I would like to add floating gallery controls like I have on my old site here: Squarespace Gallery

So when hovering over the left side of the module, the mouse turns into the "previous" arrow; when hovering over the right side of the gallery, it turns into the "next" arrow, and when hovering over the middle, the mouse should turn into a play/pause button. On Squarespace, I'd set up the controls to do that with the following code (the "middle" mouseover effect on Squarespace is actually for thumbnails, but on the new site, it should be play/pause):

Code:
    .collection-type-gallery .overlay-controls.right-control { cursor: url('imagepath'), move; }
    .collection-type-gallery .overlay-controls.left-control { cursor: url('imagepath'), move; }
    .collection-type-gallery .overlay-controls.center-control.thumbnail-toggle { cursor: url('imagepath'), move; }
    I've tried downloading the main Supersized gallery module and going through that to see what code might need to be added or edited to get the gallery controls on screen, add play/pause, etc. but can't seem to figure it out.

If anyone can help me figure out where to look and how to achieve the results I want, it would be very, very much appreciated!

Member #
    I also just realized there are additional files for the gallery in the modules folder:

css_admin.css
    helper.php
    mod_supersized2.php
    mod_supersized2.xml
    And then a tmpl folder with default.php in it

Should I paste the code for any of those? I found the autoplay setting in default.php so really the only things I want to do are find out how to confine the gallery to the black area rather than having it overlap (or go under) the white menu column. And add the mouseover controls for prev / next / play / pause, which seem to be mentioned all throughout the code but I don't know if they're hidden or deactivated somehow, or just in a position that's not showing up...

Remove Ads