Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Does anyone have any free code to make my site open using I.E full screen mode. Rather than opening the site then pressing F11. I'm trying to take advantage of the extra space in my site design. I dont want code thats locks it in full screen though need to be able to press F11 to change back.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Try this:
    Code:
    window.open('filename,'newwin','fullscreen')
    Expect guests to be annoyed by it though, I for one don't like Javascript whipping my browser
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    hehe, I'm sure they'll be ok,

Heres a link to my site http://kaos-uk.vze.com

I'm kinda building it online using dreamweaver. I learn best by trial and error. Thx for the code, I provided an exit button to get out of the fullscreen as well. I'm trying to build a sort of interface to view the site thru using my very limited skills. I got a slight problem though, when I view in 800x600 it all goes screwy. is there an easy solution without starting again?

Thx for your help

Edit> link dont work, guess its disabled

Edit2>link works now, I hate computers sometimes.

Edit3>lol, how many more edits, Is it possible to remove the scroll bar too?

ignore the site down message the enter button will still take you to what I'm working on.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I think you can't with the exception of making a frameset such that there are two frames: one 1px in height with no scrollbar, and one * in height with no scrollbar.

I'd post the code but I'm writing a freakishly weird program in PHP at the moment.

Member #
    Filburt is definatly right about that annouying users.

once it has opened you can't then press f11 to get back to normal.

remember that most people who surf the web are complete idiots and don't realise that there is a return to windows key on there keyboard and will think the only way around it is to restart or ctrl + alt + del.

it's your site but people won't visit it or return if it pisses them off.

Member #
    Get Mozilla!
    I am non-committal, feigning blasť.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Got Mozilla?

Shame though because there's so much cool stuff you can do with MS filters that naturally don't work in Moz.

Member #
    I have both...just using Mozilla the most at the moment cos proxies seem not to work properly in IE.

And I feel myself entering the 'Microsoft must die' stage of my life, Mozilla is just the beginning! As soon as I get a new comp for Christmas I will install Linux, probably dual booting with 2k. Most of the machines here at Uni are UNIX terminals so the change will proably help that. ATM I am learning to write BASH scripts, that is what regexp question was for.
    I am non-committal, feigning blasť.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I work for a hosting company. We use RH7.1/7.2 on all of our servers. Even though I work on the servers through SSH all the time, that never motivated me to install Linux as my primary OS. I use XP, mostly because of Photoshop, DW MX and Games which don't work in Linux. Wine pretty much sucks at emulating windows especially for photoshop and games
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by Martin
    I have both...just using Mozilla the most at the moment cos proxies seem not to work properly in IE.

And I feel myself entering the 'Microsoft must die' stage of my life, Mozilla is just the beginning! As soon as I get a new comp for Christmas I will install Linux, probably dual booting with 2k. Most of the machines here at Uni are UNIX terminals so the change will proably help that. ATM I am learning to write BASH scripts, that is what regexp question was for.
    I personally hate Linux as a home consumer environment:

1. Too hard to use (I should never have to open a console to do what I want)
    2. I shouldn't have to compile programs I download
    3. Unstable (KDE at least)
    4. No major Windows/Mac programs for it (no Office--and don't suggest free office suites, they just can't compare--, no Photoshop, no Dreamweaver...)

If I use a PC it will still be Windows because that's the best of the worst. But the next desktop I buy, whenever that will be, will be a Mac. OS X rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads