Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tech Pacific haven't seen it yet...want to get it...Microsoft go Borland circa 1995....

Actually want to check the net deployment stuff, before committing to XML or PHP.....:zzz:

Right Behind You.... As long as you're in Orlando,
    Member #
    If what I've heard is true, interoperability would actually work... KICKASS!!!
    Yay! Chris is back!! Nobody gets the epilepsy now!!

Spying on Nic and Chris with my telephoto zoom len
    Member #
    I'd use it if I had NT

Although, one thing that intrigues me is that I can download the .NET framework SDK and use the new C++ compiler to write REAL programs for what I have

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Why in God's name would you want to write software that wouldn't run on 9x/Me, still the most common home user OS?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

3.1 is still the most widely used business OS

At least it was until 2000 came out, don't know if that jumped it. I should bloody well hope so.

Originally posted by Chris
    3.1 is still the most widely used business OS

At least it was until 2000 came out, don't know if that jumped it. I should bloody well hope so.
    Seems majority of companies in Oz have jumped to 2000, XP isn't penetrating the market as well as MS might have wanted...probably a really good reason for that

The really frightening thing for me anyway, is Linux servers are starting to appear at most sites It's like the borg have infiltrated the country or something...

Yeah coz most software can suppot 2000 XP is buggy and until sp2 comes out i aint installing it on any machine!!

.net doesnt come out to April i heard i dont think MS can handle the release of more than 1 thing at a time just like there OS cant.
    (small stab at multi-processing)

Unix is great if your using Universe etc you'll be using unix! Most reputable ISP's will be running unix for sure.
    Linux in 10 years or less will be competing with MS as a business OS and this will force MS to comply with standards. Hell here we would be your worst nightmare Jethro we've got almost all version of nix you can get from SCO to Linux to BSD to HP's to Irix!

Ahhh....but your forgetting something my WA friend....the4 release of MS Linux, forcing a completely new standard on everything, with most businesses signing up.

vb.net released in OZ.....am concerned about the versions available here, check my new thread in software....

Am almost salivating with the thought of deploying to Apple OS 10, all that business just sitting around add agencies ready for a crafty person to grab

Keh what business??
    You talking about deploying vb.net to advertising agencies coz it can go on OS 10??

Member #
    I ordered it.....its on backorder. Lord knows when I'll actually
    recieve something.
    DerFarm
    I talk to squirrels.
    Squirrels Answer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads