Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Is having my site open in a full-screen window a...

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...good idea.

1 50.00%
  • ...bad idea.

1 50.00%
    Member #
    Hey there,

JavaScript Source (link in sig) has a great script located at http://javascript.internet.com/navig...ll-screen.html which I am currently thinking over for possible inclusion in a website. I understand that as long as I offer suitable means to close the website again (for IE users), this is okay. What I want is for people to test this code for me to see if it works in all browsers. I know it works in IE6, and it also works in Mozilla Firebird (latest build). Can people test it in things such as Safari, and also IE for Mac etc please?

Any Comments would also be appreciated.

Sorry if it's in the wrong forum Mods/Admin
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I hate this. I absolutely, totally, unequivocally hate this. There are times when I'm working with multiple browsers and/or a browser and one of my other tools and I need to be able to see the toolbar in order to do that (Yeah, I know I could hit ALT-TAB but that's a downright pain in the butt.)

I also hate the fact that it removes all of the functionality comprised within the toolbars of a browser (and yes, I do use most of the functions).

The only time I can see a practical use for it is if you do have the close window link, as you've suggested, and you give people the option to click in a normal browser window or a full-screen window.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads