Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Javascript Array in Adobe Animate HTML 5 Canvas not working.

I'm trying to set up a simple array but I keep getting an error trying to access position 0.

let completeStages=[7, 8, 9];
    if(this.completeStages[0]==7) //Uncaught type error: cannot read property of '0' of undefined
    {
    console.log("print");
    }
    I've also tried var instead of let.
    Tried strings instead of numbers in the array.

In the end I want strings stored in it and it will be used to check for various strings to show different objects on the screen depending on what is triggered. But I've tried to simplify and look for the error but nothing worked.

also tried to do an empty array and use .push to get values into it but it didn't like that either. The end quote parentheses and semicolon are there they just aren't showing up when viewing the post. Not sure how to edit it so it shows up.

Any help would be appreciative.
    Last edited by kodarr; Aug 31st, 2021 at 09:35 AM.

Member #
    Still cannot get arrays working in Animate CC. Tried following some youtube videos but all of them are storing symbols and I can't find any that are just storing values that work. Anyone else know a fix for this?

Remove Ads