Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Member #
    i am a spammer, and I have nothing of value to add to this conversation. Please ban me!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yuavia
    i am a spammer, and I have nothing of value to add to this conversation. Please ban me!
    Ok! :-D

Banned
    Member #
    JOOMLA is really good CMS for building big websites but yes it is database driven and requires lot of programming code to integrate a website with joomla,which takes quite effort even in case of smaller websites.

For smaller websites i have across a cms which is not database driven and do not require a single line of code to be written.it is called zimplit

Member #
    Joomla is win.

Easy to use, basic to setup and the possabilities are endless thanks to the mods and components available for free from the joomla community.
    Free Website Templates ZeroTemplates.com - You pay ZERO!

Member #
    Joomla really is fantastic software. We use it for all our projects.
    It is extensive, quick to deploy and Open Source
    = high functionality, low price

Member #
    its noob friendly too!
    Free Website Templates ZeroTemplates.com - You pay ZERO!

Member #
    I did this site in Drupal, it's my first attempt at a website (it's a work in progress). The learning curve was tough to start with but now things seem to be plain sailing. I haven't written any PHP code at all. My advice is that if you know some CSS then start with the Zen theme and create a subtheme from it.
    www.ishigaki-japan.com
    The worst thing about Drupal is that you install it, stare at all the options for a while and think 'what the hell does this thing do'. It's simply just not that clear to start with. You have to install a bunch of modules before you can really get going, and while this is easy, it would be better if they were included in the standard install.
    Basically, I'd highly recommend Drupal. I looked at Joomla and wasn't overly impressed and from what I hear most people who make the step to Drupal rarely go back to Joomla, whereas those who go to Joomla from Drupal switfly return to Drupal. However, there's a bit of pain and infuriation which you have to go through at the start, plus, there's that inherent 'We're better than the Joomla crowd' mentality which occasionally comes to the surface.
    Drupal 7 is released in a few months. It will be interesting to see if the learning curve, or at least, the percieved learning curve, will be addressed.
    Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads