Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    What do you guys think? It is a modified version of the xblog template, but I made a ton of changes.

On a side note, you guys might want to get the program TweakPNG Command Line out of the downloads section. It strips extra data out of your PNG files, make them smaller and preventing internet explorers color correction.

Member #
    You did it quite well.

Member #
    Not bad at all... but I see zero need for the use of a CMS unless you're going to do some serious expansion.

Why not use a simple blog package or even static HTML? This seems like chartering a leerjet to take you up the road to the shops.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Hey there.

Your pics a little fuzzy. Iím sure you meant it that way but to me itís a little distracting

I like the suckered logo.

Iím not a English major by any meansÖbut is this correct grammar? ďThis is the most well supported video formatĒ

I like the colors, very pleasing.

I will be posting my one feedback request. Id love your comments.

Alan
    www.thelamberts.com

Los Angeles, California, United States of America
    Member #
    The layout design was provided as a Photo Shop image.

The layout design was provided as an Adobe Photoshop document.

Adobe, Photoshop, blah blah are respective trademarks of Adobe and

Just kidding.
    Legal terminology and stuff aside... you have some cool stuff on the site.
    Visually I'm trying to get what you're trying to do with the light source... I see that you have a slight reflection at the bottom which would be caused by a head-on light source... your logo and the logo text are hard gradients that go from light to dark top to bottom. It doesn't make sense that they would just be two-color gradients, as that would mean that dimensionally they were... well, folded paper or something bent in the middle, and if the light source was coming from an angle such that the bottom of the page was reflected then it would mean that the gradient would probably be inverted anyways.

Why am I even talking about this as if I know lightning. Please ignore the above paragraph.

It's good that the pseudo business card is tilted and has a different look than the rest of the site as it makes you look at it.

Good job overall. Good idea to work with a scaleable base just in case you need to put like 5 billion projects online.

Member #
    Nice site, is the bottom supposed to look like it is being reflected? Reflections usually aren't in perspective like that, not at that degree anyways, put a space between the two also. The font for the logo is a little strange to me. You have a web2.0 style but that font doesn't work with it. Try arial rounded or helvetica or something.

Remove Ads