Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Guys I'm new to Joomla. I did some templating, but I don't think this is exactly what I want out of Joomla.

I want to design my own static pages using CSS and HTML in Dreamweaver, but insert dynamic content powered by Joomla, like a Latest News section, updatable images or a Voting Poll. How is this possible? Where should the files be located in order to achieve this?

I think this will be more helpful to me as designing will be much easier and I wouldn't need much of the Joomla capabilities. In theory, I should be more in control of the positions of these elements and in which pages they appear.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    In Joomla, you can only specify where module sections, not specific modules, are placed within your template.

However, Joomla has a lot of specific module sections that you can use for individual modules, such as user_1, user_2, etc.

What you should do is place your modules in those blocks, then place those in the areas that you want them to appear in your template.

Definitely not a typical or suggested Joomla implementation, but it should do what you're looking to do, I think.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Oh, wait, I just got what you're saying... you actually want your page content to be static? Not possible with Joomla... it's full-site content management system. You can't just plug components of it into a static site.

What you should do if you want a mostly-static site is look for individual plug-in components, e.g. PHP News to handle the dynamic parts of your site.

Member #
    That's exactly what I want - phpnews. Thank you!

Remove Ads