Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    New to joomla
    This problem has been solved thanks

This morning, when I tried to log into admin the username and pw seem to be accepted; however, the db system seems to loose direction and all I get is a blank white screen with no error messages.
    I can get the joomla/index page up and try to log in from there but again the same thing.
    I guess I should have created a 'test' site eh? too late now!

I've searched for solutions and I know this seems to be an issue: I've tried various solutions mentioned for phpmyadmin without success.
    However, I have noticed that some of my tables have errors as follows:

1. jos_cor_lo_searches [NO INDEX DEFINED]
    2. jos_bannertrack " "
    3. jos_state_agents " "
    4. jos_vm_product_type_parameter [PRIMARY & INDEX SHOULDN'T BOTH BE SET FOR 'product_type_id']
    5. jos_vm_state [UNIQUE & INDEX KEYS SHOULDN'T BOTH BE SET FOR COLUMN 'country_id']
    " " [MORE THAN ONE UNIQUE KEY WAS CREATED FOR COLUMN 'country_id']

any solutions, folks? I realise that I need to learn more about joomla and php/mysql and I have now installed joomla as localhost via xampp to create my site from scratch - but it would be nice to be able to recover data that took hours to process on the live site!
    Problem resolved!
    1. From phpmyadmin of my live site, I selected and exported my essential data (product data and images etc).
    2. From my localahost db I exported the complete set of tables as mysql file.
    3. From live site, using phpmyadmin, I selected all tables and 'drop'.
    4. Still in phpmyadmin (live) I then iimported the fresh sql file (the file from '2' above) into my database.
    5. Still in phpmyadmin (live) I imported my essential data (product & images etc from '1' above)
    The site is back up and running correctly!
    I know I have a lot to learne but I certainly would recommend setting up local site with xampp and taking it from there! That's what has helped me without doubt!

Thanks

Remove Ads