Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have taken over a joomla site. Most of the URLs are search engine friendly with actual page names, such as woodburningstores.html. However, when I add new articles I am not coming up with search engine friendly URLs - instead I get something like this:

NZ3000Accessories

143.html - if you click on the link look at the page name - not sure why the link is showing up as NZ300 (which is what I want).

I have put the information in the appropriate places and still can't get the new pages to get the actual page name or alias that I put in to show up, instead of numbers.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Member #
    maybe there's something wrong but I dont kow why

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    did you check your .htaccess file?

Member #
    I suggest you try going to their site joomlaseo.net/Joomla/SEO/Joomla-1.5-Search-Engine-Friendly-URLs.html

Member #
    May be you have already installed a SEF tool on the back end. try to check all the component or plugin

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The best way to handle these if by using the sh404SEF plugin. It works as a component and is quite powerful.
    BUT... if the site already has Google PR higher than 0, be careful because it breaks the recognized links to sub-pages. There is an alias function that I believe you can add but it could be a lengthy process if you have a large site.

Remove Ads