Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a 10-YO FrontPage website and it needs an update, like from scratch. I think I want to create a Joomla website, some questions:

1. Can I build the site and preview it on my PC before I upload to my host?
    2. I want a single multi-stage drop down menu across all pages . . . possible?
    3. I sell both physical and download products, will I be able to attach a shopping cart to do both?
    4. Can I attach PDF documents?
    5. I want a slide show of images fading in-out on my home page, I think it would be an animated gif, thoughts?

Thanks for looking.

Member #
    help someone pleaze, by answering you help more than one people at a time...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    1. Can I build the site and preview it on my PC before I upload to my host?

No. You can create a template with dummy content, but you'll have to slice that up as a Joomla template to upload into your website, then build out content in the CMS and stage it online. This is the CMS deployment model, which differs pretty drastically from the FrontPage model. You can preview pages of content before deploying them, but that will be online, not local.

2. I want a single multi-stage drop down menu across all pages . . . possible?

Not quite sure what you mean here. You can implement a drop-down plug-in, which will auto-generate based on the menu you define.

3. I sell both physical and download products, will I be able to attach a shopping cart to do both?

Yes.

4. Can I attach PDF documents?

Yes

5. I want a slide show of images fading in-out on my home page, I think it would be an animated gif, thoughts?

Use a Javascript plugin, like this: Easy Slider jQuery Plugin Demo

Remove Ads