Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Tables?!?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm new to Joomla!. I don't use tables really ever. After creating my own theme, I was surprised to see that Joomla had put a table in the code. Is this going to change?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    You'd have to ask them. Tables aren't bad or anything as long as they're used correctly.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Banned
    Member #
    I'm not sure but version 1.6 has just gone to RC1 so there may be changes like this in the next revision. What is wrong with tables?

Member #
    This could be your template if you got the template from someone then you need to ask them about it.
    Denwa Communications is a one stop shop for Phone Systems, Call Logging Software and IP Phones.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    with joomla 1.5 core stuff there needs to be tables within the design so you can update the coding and add specific class_suffix's.

Although in 1.6 they have changed the majority of it to .class instead of tables they need to use tables for specifics (like the quick contact forms etc)

I believe in 1.7 there will be a subtle core change, nothing too drastic though because most people have updated to 1.6 for their sites, so if they decide to change the whole core structure many Joomlaians will get very very upset.

Hope this helps!
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Remove Ads