Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I helped my local daycare nursery to find a freelancer to commission a website for them and although on the whole it turned out well, there are a few niggles that I can't get sorted.
    The address is www.culverdenedaynursery.co.uk

The main issue that they have is the fact that it doesn't view at its best on their PC and laptop. I have viewed it on several machines and it appears to be fine on monitors above 17". The nursery have a 15" display running at 1024 x 768 and the main image and logo on the front page is too big and looks off centre, the logo in the main site appears off centre too.

Also, I am trying to put sub categories under some of the menu items on the left menu (if you click busy bee you should see) and although the task is easy enough and looks fine on my PC. Again the nursery are having problems with it. The links are tricky to click - you have to click quite close to the separator line otherwise the link unbderneath is clicked.

I am assuming it is all down to resolution, but I really don't know.

I have tried to get in touch with the freelancer to get her to look at it, but she has mysteriously lost the ability to respond, so I'm left up the creek a little bit and really want to help the nursery out as I feel responsible.
    As I have very limited website building or Joomla knowledge. I was hoping that someone could be kind enough to take a look and try and diagnose the problem and hopefully give me a few pointers to try and fix it.

many thanks,
    Jo

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Can you tell us if it behaves the same with with different browsers ?

Sometimes images and links are handled differently in different browsers. I am using an iPhone and it appears and works as I would expect it to. I currently don't have access to another pc to check with other browsers.

if it is a browser issue, it could be just the CSS file needs a little tweaking to display and behave properly in all browsers.

Member #
    Hi Webzarus thanks for your response. I have also tried in several browsers, IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Iphone and I don't see a problem. I know the nursery use IE and their PC is not exactly new. It is also likely that they have never updated it so perhaps could be an old version issue? I'll check with them and see if that helps.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Hi Jo,

I have just checked the site, It appears that the Nursery may be running either Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7, Please check this and if its the case please can you get them to upgrade to IE8 or (ideally) IE9.

I have an application to change my laptops resolution to do benchmarking and have checked in all browsers but it appears fine. The only issue I could see is when I run the IE 7 version of the site the header image of the pictures of the kids floats to the right. This is nothing to worry about. Its down to IE7 being a Pita (pain in the ***)...

The site width is 1000px which is ideal for 1024x screens so I don't believe that's the issue.

Hope this kinda helps.

Marc
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Remove Ads