Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

my3
    Member #
    Hi All,

I am learning Joomla, I have installed 1.7 and not getting how to store the data in database.
    Actually i was going through this link http://www.phpeveryday.com/articles/...abase-P36.html and then i came to know that this is for 1.5.

Please somebody suggest me how to do it in 1.7? I need to store and fetch the data from the database. From where i can insert my queries?
    Request you please help me

my3
    Member #
    Please somebody respond to this.
    I really need help in this

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I'm not sure about joomla, but I'm going to answer with a more general solution. To communicate with a database, or DBMS, you use a SQL language. You write queries with this. I'm not sure how this works with web databases though, I've only dealt with DBMSs
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    What data are you trying to store and fetch?
    I have worked with Joomla very little, and I have always used the admin interface for whatever I needed to do.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

my3
    Member #
    @AlphaMare:
    Actually under Joomla database i have created a table and stored user's data. Whenever user wants to see his information , he will login and only authorized user should see the data. And sometimes user also fill the data.
    And from the same table, when registered(only registered, not authorized) user logins he will also see his data.

Please help me in doing this. I tried a lot myself, couldnt do it. I can construct the query for these but do not know how and where to use in drupal. How do you use in admin interface.

Kindly help me. Please, Requesting you

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by my3, post: 226341
    @AlphaMare:
    Actually under Joomla database i have created a table and stored user's data. Whenever user wants to see his information , he will login and only authorized user should see the data. And sometimes user also fill the data.
    And from the same table, when registered(only registered, not authorized) user logins he will also see his data.

Please help me in doing this. I tried a lot myself, couldnt do it. I can construct the query for these but do not know how and where to use in drupal. How do you use in admin interface.
    First, I'm not sure what software you are using.

Second - I don't know how to do what you want in Joomla, and I have never used Drupal.

It is my understanding that information in Joomla must be entered through the admin interface, but I have no idea how to do what you want, or even if it's possible.

I'm sorry I cannot help you.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

my3
    Member #
    @AlphaMare: I am sorry, it was typing mistake that i used Drupal instead of Joomla. Actually i know how to get the result for that. But my only question is where i should write my queries? I mean if i want to fetch some data of my own table how to do that.
    Or else please do tell me what how do you do database connection through admin interface.

Please help me

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by my3, post: 226361
    @AlphaMare: I am sorry, it was typing mistake that i used Drupal instead of Joomla. Actually i know how to get the result for that. But my only question is where i should write my queries? I mean if i want to fetch some data of my own table how to do that.
    Or else please do tell me what how do you do database connection through admin interface.

Please help me
    AS I said, I only have very limited knowledge of Joomla, and have no idea how to make or access custom tables that are created outside of the original install. I am very sorry but I cannot help you.

Remove Ads