Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hi, Guys. What Joomla newsletter extensions do you recommend for Joomla versions 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5? The extension should provide some way for the site admin to create an article (using a newsletter theme I create), and then send it to a service like Constant Contact or Mail Chip for emailing?

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Since I asked this question, I found that there don't seem to be any extensions that will email via Constant Contact - maybe the Constant Contact API doesn't support it. However MailChimp DOES support it.

I also found the AcyMailing and JoomlaMail Joomla newsletter extensions. AcyMailing looks a bit nicer and more polished on the back end but doesn't seem to be able to publish email though MailChimp - you have to use your own email server. It looks like it gives you more control over the newsletter content, but at the expense of being much harder to use and clients might have trouble. JoomlaMail looks very nice but the current version throws errors in the website I need it for which is Joomla 2.5.3 - there may be some compatibility issues with that version, or maybe compatibility issues with other extensions like sh404SEF.

Bottom line: there doesn't seem to be any really good solution for something off the shelf. I'd still like feedback if anyone has experience with this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Update: I used JoomlaMail on a Joomla 2.5.6 project and it worked great! No complaints and I highly recommend it.

Remove Ads