Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hey There

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey there, I'm Elliot Speck - a sixteen year old from Queensland, Australia. I'm looking to major in web security and business if/when I hit university alongside my exist web development skills, as such I know a lot about both topics and I'm willing to share that knowledge when required. I've done a number of client works in the past for a few people. Nothing big-name yet though. I have a portfolio located at [ Edit: Link removed.Read the rules. AlphaMare. ] if you want to check out some of my other projects.

I came to WDF because it's a forum of like-minded people who know what I'm talking about when I say 'CSS' or 'index'. Hopefully I can contribute to the community in some way whether through knowledge or ability.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Hi - as you can see, you are not allowed to post a link yet, which you would have known if you had [COLOR=rgb(32, 117, 183)]read the rules[/COLOR] before posting.

That said, welcome! It's nice to have another member who is not only willing to contribute but is also able to offer useful answers based on experience and ability. I look forward to reading more of your contributions.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 205669
    Links to external content should be kept to a minimum, and should only be used if they relate to the thread subject. Creating a post with just a link is not helpful to anyone, so please make sure links are accompanied by sufficient explanation that a reader can choose not to follow the link. You are responsible for ensuring that the linked content is safe and complies with our content rules. Off site links may be removed without notice or warning, at any time.
    Nothing there about posting a link when a new member there...
    That's the only section about links excluding a comment about signatures.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    EJay - the "link relating to the thread subject" is aimed more at new members needing to post links to their sites so we can see their code and try to figure out what is wrong and help them out, rather than links promoting one's own portfolio in the first post.

However, I have posted the question to the Admins to clarify this point, and if I am in the wrong here I will certainly apologize.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    EJay - I have had an answer from the admin and I do apologize.
    I had interpreted the rules incorrectly.
    Feel free to post your link.

Remove Ads