Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hockey Guy

Member #
    I have a site for a hockey league I operate and I am looking for ways to 'gently' improve it. I am no techie but I do dabble - unfortunately, if there is a wrong path to take I'm on it. I have made more mistakes and had more 'do-overs' than what should be required for a lifetime. I was taught to do my site in Frontpage (yuk) about 6 years ago and have since redone everything in Dreamweaver. I am reasonably satisfied with the results but I know my site needs some tweaking and updating. I am 58 years old so it's a little tough for me to learn new tricks but I will try my best to follow your good (clear and concise) advice. Thanks in advance for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminsky, post: 211412
    I have a site for a hockey league I operate and I am looking for ways to 'gently' improve it. I am no techie but I do dabble - unfortunately, if there is a wrong path to take I'm on it. I have made more mistakes and had more 'do-overs' than what should be required for a lifetime. I was taught to do my site in Frontpage (yuk) about 6 years ago and have since redone everything in Dreamweaver. I am reasonably satisfied with the results but I know my site needs some tweaking and updating. I am 58 years old so it's a little tough for me to learn new tricks but I will try my best to follow your good (clear and concise) advice. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Welcome, (and nice to see someone in my age group coming aboard!).

If you're looking for suggestions on how to improve, post your site on the Ratings and Reviews forum.

If you already know what you want to do but are looking for help in doing it (coding, Photoshop, etc.) post your question to the appropriate forum - HTML, Javascript, PHP, etc

We welcome all questions and will do our best to help. You'll find us a community of very varied experience and ability, with the common thread being a desire to improve our skills and share our knowledge.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome
    You might have to re-think Dreamweaver also.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    George - what is wrong with using Dreamweaver? What is a better option?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not a thing... DW is no different than anything else put there...although I don't use it in WYSIWYG mode anymore... It's file management and code syntax tools are pretty good.

It's also useful in learning new stuff... As the code syntax engine will change the code colors on most new stuff... If you miss something.

Depending on projects... I use a variety of tools...

You what works for you.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminsky, post: 211606
    George - what is wrong with using Dreamweaver? What is a better option?
    Because it has a habit of giving you inflated and wrong code. But if it works for you, keep using it, it's just the code sometimes requires maintenance(especially if you only use the broswer view).
    But if it works for you, heck, who am I to stop you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Just because it gives me another opportunity to insert a Stompin' Tom reference (by the way, Canada's going to have a big gaping unfilled hole when that guy stops doing his thing):

As much as I hate the NHL these days, this song is a work of genius.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I thought that sounded familiar:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, that's just weak. WEAK.

My senses are greatly offended by this video travesty. Please inform the video creator that he has committed a grievous crime against humanity. :P
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 211656
    Okay, that's just weak. WEAK.

My senses are greatly offended by this video travesty. Please inform the video creator that he has committed a grievous crime against humanity.
    lol He has so many others.

Remove Ads