Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi,

As the title says I am new to web design and also new to the forum. I am currently teaching myself (X)HTML and hope to further my knowledge about this along with the design side of things as well. This is something I have been interested in for a while now but have only recently pulled my finger out and done anything about it.

I expect it will be a steep learning curve and that I will make a good few mistakes along the way, so I hope to draw on the experience of everyone who uses this forum.

Thanks

Smedz28

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Ummm...what exactly was your finger in before? Or do any of us want to know?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It's a figure of speech....which i'm sure you have already guessed, if not then it's just something that I guess is a British saying which basically mean 'stop scratching you baside and get on with the job'

If you would like more information on this you can find it here http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/208.html

Oh and thanks for the warm welcome

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No problem! It's what I specialize in. That...and being really nice to people.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome! TG is the "nicest" guy here
    And you will learn lots if you stick around
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Welcome aboard!

As you can see we're an enthusiastic and welcoming bunch.

Now I have to go get on the outside of a chip butty...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    By the way...in North America, we say "get your head out of your *** and figure it out." So I guess that figure of speech isn't so different after all.

Wicked cool that I learned something today, though. I'm gonna use it on someone. I just haven't figured out who yet.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    A lot of sayings have to do with rear ends... hmmmmm...
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hahahahahaha, thanks everyone. Yes we also use a similar saying about head being up your arse but usually it's associated more with someone being full of themselves lol

I plan on sticking around for a while to learn all that I can and hopefully at some point I will be in a position to help others. I had a good look round some of the threads before joining to make sure it was going to be a useful forum, looked really good so signed up........I also noted serveral threads where TheGAME1264 was "nice" to people he he he you all seem like a good bunch and i'm more than happy to have joined this community

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smedz28, post: 213022
    Hahahahahaha, thanks everyone. Yes we also use a similar saying about head being up your arse but usually it's associated more with someone being full of themselves lol

I plan on sticking around for a while to learn all that I can and hopefully at some point I will be in a position to help others. I had a good look round some of the threads before joining to make sure it was going to be a useful forum, looked really good so signed up........I also noted serveral threads where TheGAME1264 was "nice" to people he he he you all seem like a good bunch and i'm more than happy to have joined this community
    Yeah - the Game has his own very special definition of "nice"
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads