Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone. My name is Dan and I have had an Alaskan business for 12 years. The website was made for me about 10 years ago. I have new products and want to learn how to manage it myself, rather than work through someone. I joined your community to start learning what I can. I don't go into this thinking it will be easy. I tried an online course last year and found it difficult not having someone to ask questions of. I would like to find someone to pay on an hourly basis to teach me. I have a want ad in a local craigslist and have talked to a web designer here. They can do it but have not quoted a price yet. I'd be curious as to what a fair price for this service is. My site has excellent presence at or near the top of page 1 on Google.

Thank you for reading my post..

Dan

Member #
    I forgot to ad my site..

[EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264]

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    A fair price for this service depends on the teacher and the amount that you need to learn.

Now, I had to remove your site since it can be interpreted as self-promotion, especially when you're a newcomer to a forum. You are allowed a signature aftet 25 posts, though.

Having looked at your site, in your case, you'd probably have to spend quite a bit. A good designer would look at a site with a tabled layout and suggest you rebuild it from the ground up. That alone can be a very difficult thing to teach. Same with learning how to lay things out, consistent navigation, etc.

What I would suggest you do is, request some reviews, take the useful advice from those reviews, take things as far as you can, and then get the remaining advice from there. That will save you a whole lot of money.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Are you serious? You actually think I put my website up to sell more holsters? I sell to 16 chain stores in Alaska and Oregon and independents in 3 states. That's ridiculous!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I wish that were the reason. The problem is that people don't include links like that to sell things. That would be the most logical reason...however, it's also the least common.

The reason that we don't allow for it is because there are a lot of drive-by forum link droppers who include their links "for SEO" even though this is a nofollow forum and clearly indicated as such. Or they do it to "increase traffics" (not sales, just traffic). Some people just do it to see if they can. So when we're in doubt, we as mods remove because it's the safe route.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    ...and sometimes, people beg, plead, and even try to scam others out of money.

http://www.webdesignforums.net/threa...project.34116/

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    All that selling should be enought to hire some webdesigner or atend a course... just saying.
    Although now i am curious about your site.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Welcome,

Porty, why don't you try lynda.com.

Remove Ads