Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Introduction

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hello all,

This is Tyler from Atlanta, GA. I got into web design because I am aspiring to make money through internet marketing. The site I am working on is located at [ Edit: Link removed.AlphaMare. ] I have spent my time on other forums like Sitepoint and codingforums.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Welcome to the forums.

May I suggest that, as a new member, you should read the rules before you post, just so you know how these forums work.

Link dropping to promote your own business is frowned upon in these forums, even when used as an introduction.

There is a place to post a link and ask members to check out your site, in the Ratings and Reviews forum.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Wait, I'm not link dropping. My page is incomplete. You can tell as soon as you see it- it's a total mess and has no money-making ability.

I love when I join a forums community, and then I'm immediately told that what I'm doing is against the rules. **sarcasm**

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Actually, I want to say sorry. I had no intentions of link dropping. I don't want to start any bad blood between anyone while I'm here. I came here for CSS in particular. I will read the forum rules.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Smith, post: 222944
    Wait, I'm not link dropping. My page is incomplete. You can tell as soon as you see it- it's a total mess and has no money-making ability.

I love when I join a forums community, and then I'm immediately told that what I'm doing is against the rules. **sarcasm**
    I'm going to ignore this in light of your next post. I will point out however, that most forums have rules in place, and require their members to follow them. In this forum, a link drop is any link made by a member with less than 25 posts, unless specifically asked to do so in order to facilitate other members in answering a question or helping with a problem. After you have 25 posts (and we hope they are not null content posts like "great info" or "I agree"), you can put links in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Smith, post: 222945
    Actually, I want to say sorry. I had no intentions of link dropping. I don't want to start any bad blood between anyone while I'm here. I came here for CSS in particular. I will read the forum rules.
    That's OK - it happens quite often with new members wanting to introduce themselves and show a bit of their work.

I'd like to see your site - why not post in in the Ratings forum, so we can legitimately take a look?

See you around the forums!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Hey there! :bounce:

I would prefer it if you denoted sarcasm with the proper tags.</sarcasm>
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Remove Ads