Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am kind of hoping that maybe there is a forum here to ask some pretty basic questions for openers. Very basic.
    This will be my first question and I'll see if anyone can help me understand it.
    As background I am learning basic Dreamweaver CS5 and have the "digital classroom" and coursebook at the ready. Now, for the second time on page 55, self study #1 the instructors state "Make sure you understand the difference between creating an empty site from scratch.....and adding a preexisting site. Did they mean to say add -TO- a preexisting site? i.e. How can you add a preexisting site to a preexisting site?
    Is my sense of English too nit picky?

Hoping that this question is not too basic for words.

Thank you, Carl S.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Just lazy editors in the course manual...

You're probably correct in your thinking...

But then again, I do remember a function in the old DW to create a "project" or "site" from an existing set of files that may already have alaready been used for a site..

This was mainly for the function of creating a sitemap and cache for file check in and out.

Only difference between new site and existing site, it didn't ask all the questions.

So it appears as though the confusion continues unless someone with specific DW experience with that version...

Sorry

Member #
    Thank you. I'm thinking lazy editors too.

Thanks, webzarus

Remove Ads