Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    good bye ya all have a nice day

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This doesn't seem right.

Why would a partner not be responsible for his/her own taxes? Why is that coming off the top?
    Do you have a partnership agreement?
    Has it been reviewed by an attorney?
    How does the partner know what (s)he will receive for a particular project?
    Is it design/development/what type of work is it?
    What types of clients will the partner serve?
    How much will the partner have to work?

These are the questions that come to mind off the top of my head. You're going to have to provide some more information, because this seems pretty sketchy as it is right now and there are a lot of these sort of forum posts going around, followed by "I never got paid by Partner X, (s)he's an a$$hole."
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that you don't have a lot of experience on web design boards.

The only way in which taxes would be paid is if you're asking someone to invest in a corporate business and not form the standard loose partnership agreement that most of the deals of this nature consist of. An individual partner in this case is responsible for his/her individual taxes, which would be paid on a federal and provincial/state level to the governments associated with that partner's place of residence. Therefore, unless you have a company name (and based on your writing style, I'm guessing you don't), that's not applicable and that's part of what makes your deal somewhat suspicious. Either you knew this and you were looking to skim off the top or you didn't know this and you really don't know much about running a business.

Call me unprofessional if you want...not the first time that's happened, and it doesn't bother me. But understand that all I've done is expressed what others who read this thread are thinking. Loose web-based partnership arrangements don't work. I've even picked up a development contract because of it recently...the "development partner" did absolutely nothing and it actually cost the marketing partner four digits to buy the dev partner off so that there wouldn't be any further problem (long story and for legal reasons I can't get into more detail than that.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh dear Lord.

Normally, I remove links such as this because they're usually link drops, and I don't believe this is any different. However, I'm going to make an exception in this particular case because that is, quite frankly, too funny.

A word of advice, though: if you haven't already posted this line of crap on other forums, and I suspect you will, work on your BS. Seriously, it's not even remotely plausible at this point. Might be worth investing $10 in a dotcom and a couple of bucks a month in hosting...at least then, you kind of sort of look like a legitimate business. Throwing your little money-making venture up on webs.com makes you look like you're out to get rich quick and cheap while screwing over anyone dumb enough to work with you in the process...and I'm sure that's not what you intended.

Member #
    what im going to say lastly then ill remove my post is i simply offered a partnership to a professional designer to develop one of the worlds newest and most capable of international trade boards that sir is not a dumb move like you think but a very solid professional business move i simply do not have cash up front so sue me i care less what u think good bye

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You're full of crap, buddy.

For those of you who want to see what he originally wrote:
    look fellows im not running a scam i own 27 of the worlds newest new start up corporations that i've developed personally over the last 35 year all up for sale or investment yet im not here for that im simply trying to secure a good website developer who want in on a couple of hundred thousand dollar projects where we both get paid once we are turning profits
    so can we please drop the taxes discussions until im speaking directly with an interested party ive held industry leading contracts with two global corporations and own my own companies so if you are intersted in learning more lets please do it off the tread board by email thanks for the tips but its early to discuss these issues when a partnrship consideration must come first have a great day
    see if you wish http://www.ariesallianceinvestments.webs.com to learn more quickly and for my direct contact info
    The only reason I'm revealing this information is as a warning. This is not anywhere close to a legitimate opportunity, and any designer foolish enough to fall for it will probably end up with a big fat pile of smelly nothing.

But visit the website and judge for yourselves.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Remove Ads