Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My user name is ricardo1949. I'm 63 years old. I work in a low-paying job and hope to find a second source of income. I've been teaching myself HTML and CSS. I have constructed two websites so far, both modest in size with minimal bells and whistles. I haven't received any income for my services. I feel I'm still in the learning and experimental stage at present...two months or so of experience. Besides, both of my clients are in the early stages of being in business and don't have any money to pay me.

I used iPage for the web hosting of these two sites. I found iPage to be inexpensive, and so far they have provided very prompt tech support in the few instances I've needed help. One site has a single page and the other two pages...both are very much still works in progress. I used a web construction program provided by iPage called "Weebly Drag and Drop Builder". It was pretty easy to use and allows you to tweak the website you create by inserting HTML as needed. Let me see if I can put up links to the two websites I constructed:

www.thewrightbakeryjust4you.com
    www.ingrids.biz

My intention is not only to create websites but to administer them. If a website doesn't have a certain dynamic aspect to it, I don't see how it will get much traffic. Neither of my clients are heavily into computers and rely on me to make changes in the appearance of their sites.

Well, that's about it. I don't have any pressing issues to discuss at present. I decided to join a web design forum to educate myself in the arcana of the craft; to rub shoulders with my web design colleagues, if you will; to have a place to turn to, should I run into a problem; and who knows, perhaps to be a help to someone else, someday.

Ricardo

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Hello Ricardo,

Welcome to our forum, I am sure you will learn to grow while being here. There are are some great knowledgeable members here that are great at sharing their wisdom with others. I looked over your two recent websites and it brings back memories of when I first started out playing around with Geocities drag and drop editor and how proud I was when I was done. Being there and doing the same as you did I can say stick with it and keep your head up and you will only get better.

I hope with your current job situation that you will be able to find more time to dedicate towards this endeavor and that you will grow in knowledge and confidence.

Remove Ads