Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I am new here so if I'm in the wrong forum I apologize.

here is my problem,
    I created a HTML email for a client, however I sent the template to the client by just dropping it in a message and sent.
    But this morning my client called upset unable to copy the email I sent him so he could use it as a template to send to his customers.

so my question is , I was able to create this HTML email with pictures and the verbiage he wanted.

so how do I get him his email so he can use it ?

I'm sorry for the stupid question but my brain is letting me down this morning any help would be amazing

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    1. How did you create the HTML email ?
    2. What program are you using to send email with ?
    3. What program is the customer using to send HTML email with ?

You say you had images imbedded in the HTML email ?

Since there are so many different variables in the above, there is no one single silver bullet answer to your question, that's why those web based mail services survive. If all the images are on a sever visible to the Internet, then anyone opening an HTML email should be able to see the images.

Many firewalls and email systems strip out images for security reasons... Especially if they are just embedded into the email. If they ( the images ) are hosted online, most mail programs, don't display them, but give the user an option to display them.

Whenever I create an email for a client to send out, I build the entire thing on my web server ( just like a web page ), making sure to use absolute full paths to the images, then I send him the code in an outlook template file or whatever type template he actually needs.

They open up the template, type in their content, add addresses ... Done

Member #
    I did use dreamweaver to set it up
    I did forget to link the pictures to the website
    but after going thru it again, I was able to save the html code to my desktop and then insert the template inside outlook using (insert as text)
    I sent test emails and all pictures are showing up and links are working

thank you

Remove Ads