Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hi all

Member #

Hi all

I'm Radiationator. I'm working on making music, logos, apps, and websites. I've got a little progress in each of those fields, now I just need to master them. I'm hoping to be able to start my own business when I get good enough.

I love going outside, shooting guns, throwing knives, playing Halo and BF4, playing ice hockey, and lots of other things.

I'm glad to be here, and I'm hoping to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Creating logos is not an easy thing to do. People believe you can learn illustrator and be a graphic designer. This is not true. The best bet is to go to school for it. You dont HAVE to but it will make it easier to learn design principles and theory.

I am not trying to discourage you. I am only trying to help you. I was literally in the same boat as you. I have been doing music since i was in high school and the same for graphic design. I wanted to do both and started out to do it. The problem was both of these fields require alot of dedication and commitment to be good at them. So much that i feel it is going to be difficult to "master" both. You can learn both n have a decent grasp of both. But in the end you may have to decide which is more of a priority first (you can always go back n learn the other as well)

I chose design and my 1st semester was told to take a Dreamweaver class. Loved it! Although i now cannot stand the software, i did begin to gain interest in web programming. I continue to learn web on my own. I also continue to "practice" my music although that has been set on the back burner for now.

Like i said im not trying to discourage you, and im not saying you cant master all 3, but you may be smarter to choose one, get as much experience as possible and once you have enough experience and education to work in the field, then reach out n learn one of the others, ill tell you design and web are so closely related you may find a company that would pay you to learn web once you were a designer (3 ppl in my web class were in this situation. All from different agencies)

Remove Ads