Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hiiii!!!

Member #
    Liked
    64 times

Smile Hiiii!!!

Hi I'm Sarah. I'm starting work making and hosting websites for local businesses. I'm good at all the technical bits (though always want to learn more!!) but what I really need to improve on is design. So I've been joining a few forums and this seems like the most relevant to me so I hope to learn lots here!

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here and find what you need

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Thanks breno

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You sound a lot like someone I know (i.e. me).

Welcome!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Cool, i just found this place myself. hi sarah.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantking007 View Post
    Hi Sarah,

Good luck with your website making and hosting. I am a merchant service provider, giving online merchants the ability to accept credit card payments on their sites. If you or any of your clients need assistance with putting a shopping cart on their website in the future please feel free to contact me. I also do joint ventures to make it beneficial for you as a referrer. Follow me on twitter @MerchantKing007 Thanks!
    I think the best thing for you to do is share your info here. That is after all a big part of why were all here. I also am unsure if this constitutes as spam/advertising, I'd tread carefully. I do not think you are doing anything wrong intentionally, but just thought I'd mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to remove the post, but I won't ban the user...yet...because it didn't include a link drop.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I'm going to remove the post, but I won't ban the user...yet...because it didn't include a link drop.
    My sincere apologies, thanks for not banning me. My intent was certainly not to SPAM. I am a merchant service provider and I have always worked locally with merchants within my community. Im brand new to marketing my services online as I was recently turned on to online merchants from a fellow account manager. He informed me that there was a huge market for new start ups looking for the services.

I am basically looking to help new online businesses get these services. Being that web designers often build websites for new businesses I thought this would be a good place to get my name out.

Am I allowed to talk about my services in these types of forums? What would be the proper way to inform people about how I may be able to help them?

Sincere apologies again, Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I think the best thing for you to do is share your info here. That is after all a big part of why were all here. I also am unsure if this constitutes as spam/advertising, I'd tread carefully. I do not think you are doing anything wrong intentionally, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks Vapr_Arts,

When you say "share my information here" do you mean, just put my name, contact info, and who I work for, almost like a digital business card?

Thanks again for your insight on my post, the last thing I want to be is the spammer guy that got banned.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantking007 View Post
    Thanks Vapr_Arts,

When you say "share my information here" do you mean, just put my name, contact info, and who I work for, almost like a digital business card?

Thanks again for your insight on my post, the last thing I want to be is the spammer guy that got banned.
    No, what I mean was you were trying to move the conversation off the public forum and into a private setting. Such as a pm, or to your Twitter. If you really want to help people out then do it here in the open. I don't mean share private information in public. There is a time and place to move to a more private setting, but for the most part it should stay here.

Heres where you may have gotten a little confused, or maybe misinformed. The purpose of a forum isn't to market yourself and generate new business. There is a section here for that called the Marketplace, but its a small and almost neglected part of the site. The main purpose of this forum is to help others and get help. Openly and in the public so if others have the issue it can help them as well.

There are people who use forums in the wrong way. There are people who use forums to "help with SEO" but thats bad marketing and if anyone tells you this, they are not the ones that know what they are doing.

Remove Ads